We all believe that the holiday season is the happiest time of the year. But is it really? Today I am chatting with Happiness Guru Gretchen Rubin about finding happiness in the holiday season. You may know Gretchen from one of her New York Times bestselling books, her top ranked podcast, or perhaps most importantly her legendary quote, “The days are long, but the years are short”.
In our conversation today Gretchen and I are talking about seeking happiness in the midst of a complex season of expectations, that includes: balancing how we spend our time, gift giving, traveling to visit family/friends, managing “toxic” relationships, and staying connected to the people we love the most.
Show Links from Gretchen:
- The Days are Long But the Years are Short Video
- Sign up for Gretchen’s newsletters
- The Four Tendencies quiz
- Gretchen’s site
- Listen to the podcast Happier with Gretchen Rubin
- The books: The Four Tendencies—New York Times bestseller
- The Happiness Project—#1 New York Times bestseller
- Follow her on social media: Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook