Have you ever dreamt of starting an organic garden? Today on the podcast I am chatting with my friend and homesteader Beth Brettell from High Sierra Permaculture. She's a former designer turned homesteader, and along with her partner Bret they have created a beautiful and productive garden in Northern California. Beth answers all of my beginner questions + gives us all a quick lesson in Organic Gardening 101.
In this episode, Beth and I chat about:
- When to plant.
- What to plant.
- Is it better to start with seeds?
- How to prepare soil.
- An introduction to composting.
- How to attract pollinators.
- +much more
- Farmers Almanac
- Master Gardeners
- Permaculture Homestead Crash Course
- Pinterest: Beginning Gardening 101
- Instagram: High Sierra Permaculture