This gift guide isn't meant to literally click and buy (although I've included links for ideas). Instead, it is intended to make you think differently about gifting. Our kids may grow out of their toys, but they won't grow out of spending quality time together as a family.
If we want to stay focused on what matters most around the holidays, then we need to consider the way we are gifting. Our kids can easily be distracted by the piles of wrapped gifts. There’s a whole lot of dopamine and anticipation build up to those gifts. And that can be distracting if we are trying to focus on the real gifts of the season--family, community, and religion.
Listen to it here.
This post contains affiliate links, which means Simple Families may receive a portion of the proceeds from your orders.
- Kayak or Kayak Outing
- Snow Shoes Little Kid Snow Shoes/Big Kid Snow Shoes/Adult Snow Shoes
- High-Quality Base Layers (Smartwool) Kid Socks/Kid Tops/Kid Bottoms/Adult Socks/Adult Top/Adult Bottoms
- Bike gear Tag-a-long/Child-Adult Tandem /Bike Bag
- Birding Starter Kit Squirrel Buster/Seed Tray/Regional Bird Book
- Mochi-making Kit
- Tortilla Press (Handmade in Mexico) + Maseca (get at your local grocer)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Kit (Handmade in Mexico)
- Fortune Cookie Kit
- HABA Orchard Game
- Wonder Women Bingo
- Family Scavenger Hunt
- Rollet Ricochet game
- Year Cheer (10% off)
- Worm Farm
- The Week Junior
- See-Through Compost Container
- Flower Press
- Rock Tumbler